If you are looking for how to record slow motion videos on Xiaomi mobiles or Redmi, congratulations to you! In the following lines you will have a tutorial step by step and some tips to capture a video in Slow Motion in a very simple way.
Learn how to record slow motion videos on Xiaomi and Redmi smartphones
For this you have to have a smartphone upper mid-rangebecause the slow motion video requires a powerful terminal to work well. And is that the latest Xiaomi models can capture to 960 fpsthis will give you a shot-by-shot video without losing any detail!
Having said that we move on to the procedure for using slow motion on Xiaomi:
- Go to the original MIUI camera
- Slide the bottom (red) button sideways, until you get the option Slow motion.
So far so good, but… as you will see the app will only be able to record in slow motion the last quarter of the recording. This means that if the video is about 4 minutes long, the first 3 minutes are captured at normal speed; while the last minute is captured in slow motion slowed down to 960 fps.
Change Slow Motion video resolution
And if that’s not enough, you can also choose record at 720p, 1080p or even at 4K, but of course on a very powerful mobile.
- In the camera app, tap Settings in the upper right corner “the three little stripes”
- Press the button Video quality → Select the resolution (4K, 1080p, 720p…)
Note: The resolutions that will appear vary according to the performance of your smartphone.
Use the LED flashlight while recording in slow motion
- In the camera application, tap the “Lightning” in the upper left corner.
- Select Flashlightand that’s it! To record with illumination.
You can see how easy it is to slow motion video recording on your Xiaomiwhat do you think about this feature, would you add anything extra to this tutorial?
Remember that if you use the flashlight + slow motion recording, your phone might get a bit warmer than normal, as these are power-hungry features.
which Xiaomi phones can record in slow motion?
The slow motion option in Xiaomi is available for a large number of phones today, such as the Redmi Note 9 Pro, Note 8, Mi 9 and Mi 10, Poco X3 and many others.
- Also remember that the version Slow Motion or slow motion is available in Miui 12 as standard with our smartphones.
apps to record slow motion on Xiaomi?
Well yes, in addition to the Stock camera, there are also other applications designed to record in slow motion, among which are: