do you have a locked cell phone, do you need to restore factory settings or delete all your files and applications? Then pay close attention, because we will show you how to format a Xiaomi or make it factory reset in a way that is quite easy and effective.
Specifically, we will explain 3 different ways to reset a Xiaomi phone; no matter if it’s a Redmi Note 7, Redmi Note 8 or any other. With that said, let’s get started!
How to format a Xiaomi or Redmi phone
Believe it or not a simple formatting can fix many errors in your terminal. For example, the unexpected closing of applicationspoor and abnormal performance due to the characteristics of the device, camera failures, etc.
iMPORTANT! Before proceeding to reset your Xiaomi you will need to back up any files you have on your mobile. Remember that all the files and applications you have downloaded will be deleted.
Option 1: Factory Reset your Xiaomi
In this case you will be able to restore the default settings of your mobile, and in turn, permanently delete all the files and applications you downloaded (only if you want to).
- Go to Settings ⇨ Additional settings ⇨ Backup and reset
- In the Personal data section press Reset factory data or delete all data
- Enter your phone password, and then you can select what you want to erase from your phone (My account, applications, files…)
Option 2: Format a Xiaomi phone from the settings
This method will be via recovery mode which you can access as follows:
- Go to Settings ⇨ About phone (or About phone) ⇨ System updates
- Once inside go to “More options” and tap on Restart to Recovery mode
Option 3: Hard Reset a Xiaomi
If there is no way to load the operating system of your device and you can’t access the above options, the only thing left for you to do is the following:
- With your phone completely turned off, press the power button plus the volume up button at the same time until the Mi.com icon appears
- Now use the volume down button to select the option Wipe Data and press the volume up button (or power button, depending on the model) to enter.
- Then choose the option Wipe all dataand reconfirm.
- Now just select Confirm for your device to start the reset.
- Once the screen appears Data wiped Succesfullyyou can now restart your cell phone normally, and you will have it back to 100% as it came from the factory