If you are interested in how to share data from a Xiaomi phoneredmi or POCO, keep reading this tutorial! Where you will learn how to internet sharing with the smartphone of a friend or family member who has run out of data or even a laptop
This, works with any model! Be a Redmi Note 7a Xiaomi Mi 9the Xiaomi Mi A2 or any other, you will be able to do it in an easy and quite fast way.
[TUTORIAL] How to share your Xiaomi mobile data, without any app
For this, you have two options. The first is to create a wi-Fi access point with your phone and thus share your data with other mobiles. The second is to share through a uSB cableis this possible? Yes, you can do it on a model with MIUI as on any other Android phone.
Then, how to share data with a Xiaomi? It is as simple as doing the following:
Share via Wi-Fi
- Go to Settings → Portable Wi-Fi hotspot → Set up portable Wi-Fi hotspot
- There proceed to name the network (SSID), in addition to a password that you can remember.
- If you plan to connect some smartphones to use social networks, watch videos on YouTube… leave the band at 2.4 Ghz. On the other hand, if you will use one or more laptops, set it to 5.0 Ghz for better speed.
- Now go back to the previous section, and activate the option Portable Wi-Fi zone.
The last step is to connect the, or the smartphones simple, isn’t it?
Sharing data via USB
- Connect your cell phone to the USB port of the device you want to share data with share the data from your Xiaomi.
- Now go to Settings → Portable Wi-Fi hotspot → Tap on USB Connection Sharing.
- you’re done! On the other device you will now be able to enjoy the Internet using your mobile data smartphone.
Limit data usage in Miui
Remember that when sharing Internet with your Xiaomi you will be consuming your data rate. Therefore, it is advisable that you set the maximum amount of megabytes you want to spend.
- Open Settings → Portable Wi-Fi hotspot → One-time data limit
- Select the number you want to share (be it 50 MB, 100 MB, 150 MB…)
- Now disable the Portable Wi-Fi hotspot and re-enable it.