On this occasion, we come to show you how to calibrate your cell phone battery be it Xiaomi, Redmi, Poco or any other model, as it serves for all to a large extent. It is a process that is very simple, but many do not know how to do it right.
[TUTORIAL] Learn how to calibrate the battery of your Xiaomi
This procedure is of utmost importance for avoid the system from displaying a wrong battery percentageproduced by charging our smartphone to 100% in a row. But also, by simply using fast or wireless charging.
Without further explanation, these are the steps to calibrate the battery on cell phones with Miui:
- Turn off your phone completely
- Charge your phone up to 100%. Then wait about 2 to 4 minutes to disconnect it from the power supply.
- Discharge the entire battery. So use your cell phone non-stop, play games, message, listen to music, watch videos on YouTube..
- Once it is fully downloaded and shut downlet it stand. A couple of hours is more than enough.
- Fully recharge the phone. As it is, connect your cell phone OFF and let it charge. It is mandatory that you do not turn it on, for any reason!
- When it is at 100%, turn on your mobile. After fully charging it, you can proceed to turn on your phone and use it normally, because… The battery will be calibrated!
a piece of advice? After calibration, never charge the battery to 100%! Nor discharge it completely. It is highly recommended to keep the cell phone with 20% – 80% chargeand play between these values for best optimization and durability.
Using third-party apps to calibrate your battery
Another tip to calibrate and see the “real” state of your battery is to download a third-party app such as Accubattery.
This application shows you the status of your battery and gives you tips on how to calibrate it more or less as we have explained in this article.
Remember that you lose nothing by trying and your battery can get back to its good old days! You can download this app from the official Play Store , here.
Calibrate your battery in PRO mode (advanced users)
There is another method to calibrate the battery of your smartphone , which is only recommended for advanced users. The method consists of deleting the file that is responsible for storing the records of your battery, since deleting this file generates a new one.
This method consists of:
- Perform a load from 0 to 100% with the phone turned off (as explained above)
- Once turned on download and install the root Explorer application. Open the folder Data / select System and look for a file named batterystats.bin and delete it.
- Unplug the cell phone from the charger and use it until it turns off completely, by itself.
- At that point, that’s when it resets the battery to 0% and you would already have it calibrated
- Now just charge it back up to 100% and leave it for a few more minutes!
Another video on how to calibrate your phone’s battery
how to calibrate your Xiaomi’s battery with third party apps?
You can use the app Accubattery to calibrate and check the status of your battery
how to reset battery on xiaomi?
Advanced users can charge the phone fully and then delete the file batterystats.bin. This will remove the battery data and calibrate it back to factory default.