Today, we will show you how to set up the NFC on your Xiaomi phoneso you can pay in stores directly with your mobile instead of using your debit or credit card.
how to set up NFC on your Xiaomi in three simple steps?
First of all you should know that this tutorial only works on mobiles with Miui 9 or higher. Therefore, Android One models such as the Mi A1, A2 and A3 do not apply for this tutorial.
One of the biggest problems that Xiaomi has is the correct NFC configuration to pay with the phone, as Miui is somewhat restrictive on the subject of payments.
Perfect then, but.. how to activate NFC on a Xiaomi cell phone? simple! You need to do the following and everything will work perfectly:
1. Activate the NFC option on your phone, the first step to be able to pay
- As you could see in the image above, you have to go to the settingssearch for the option more and in there, activate the NFC option.
- Another way to activate the NFC is to directly pull down the notification curtain and there we will see the nFC icon.
2. Download Google Pay or your bank’s Wallet app
The next step is to download the app from Google Play, proceed to download the Wallet app of your bank (BBVA, Bankia, La Caixa, N26…) and register a payment method by entering the data card details and passwords in your mobile banking app
2. Enable HCE wallet. This is 99% of the errors when paying with NFC
This is the culprit that you can’t make mobile payments even if you have configured the above to perfection. So enable it as follows:
- Go to Settings
- In the Wi-Fi and Networks section, click on More
- Login to Position of the safety element
- Choose → Use HCE Purse
- The HCE o Host Card Emulationis the technology used to emulate a credit or debit card in our phone. In Xiaomi phones will only work the mobile payment with the HCE option.
3. Choose the MAIN NFC payment method (so that it will always be this one)
Finally, all that remains is to select the app where you have your cards registered, either Google Pay or the bank’s app. To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings → More (Wi-Fi and Networks section) → Tap and Pay
- Tap on Default payment application
- Now, choose the application in question (Google Pay or the banking app you use)
With this Nfc configuration, you should already be able to pay with any Xiaomi, Redmi and Poco phone without any problem.
- Now all you need to do is bring the unlocked phone close to the dataphone and that’s it! The payment will be done automatically.
still having problems paying with your phone on Miui?
If you have done all the tutorial, and still, you can’t pay by NFC, you should check the following:
- does your phone have NFC? It seems obvious, but there are still many Xiaomi phones that do not have NFC, I leave you a list just below.
- do you have a special case? There are some cases that due to their thickness, do not let the nfc chip of your phone make contact with the dataphone. Remove it and try without it.
- do you have Bluetooth active? This contactless payment technology can be affected by Bluetooth signals, turn it off at checkout.
⇨ Which Xiaomi,Redmi and Poco mobiles have NFC payments? [Lista 2021]
No matter how hard you look how to pay with NFC with a Xiaomiif your cell phone is not on this list, it means that it is not compatible and you will not be able to enjoy mobile payments..
- Xiaomi Mi 2A
- Xiaomi Mi 3, Mi 4, Mi 5, Mi 5, Mi 6, Mi 8 and Mi 8 Pro, Mi 9, Mi 9 SE, Mi 9 Lite, Mi 9T and 9T Pro, Mi 10, Mi 10 Lite 5G and Mi 10 Pro, Mi 10 Ultra; Xiaomi Mi 11, Mi 11 Ultra, Mi 11 Lite 5G.
Mi Note Series
- Xiaomi Mi Note Pro, Mi Note 2, Mi Note 3, Mi Note 10 / Pro and Lite.
Redmi and Note models
- Redmi 9, Redmi K30 4G and 5G, K30 Pro, Redmi K30 Ultra
- Redmi 10X and 10X Pro
- Redmi Note 8 Pro, Note 8T, Note 9, Note 9 Pro
- Poco F3 , Poco X3 Nfc, Poco X3 Pro