new article for the tutorial section! This time we will show you how to flash or install an EU ROM on your Xiaomi. So it is thanks to this post, you will learn how to install any ROM official of the brand, such as, for example, the Xiaomi EU ROM, one of the most used and most liked by users.
And the best thing is that you can do it on any Xiaomi cell phone; you have a Redmi Note 7 or a My 9or, alternatively, a Mi MIX 3 or a POCO F1… This method works with all those that are compatible with that ROM.
Install Xiaomi EU ROM on any Xiaomi, Redmi or POCO phone
Before we start we want to emphasize that you must follow all the steps to the letteror… your phone could be affected, and we are not responsible for that. Having said that, let’s get down to business!
1. Check if your phone is compatible with the Xiaomi EU ROM
If your model is incompatible with this ROM, then there is no way you will be able to install and use it on it. But… how do I know if my phone is compatible? Easy! You will have to go to the Xiaomi EU community website, and there check if your model is listed in the following links:
2. Back up your files
You never know what can happen when installing a ROM on your device, so it’s best to be cautious. So, start to copy all photos, documents or other files you have on your smartphone, either to your computer, an external hard drive or to the cloud.
3. Unlocking the Bootloader on your Xiaomi
It is currently impossible to install a ROM with the Bootloader Locked of a Xiaomithe latest Xiaomi devices require a special permission to use EDL mode
If you haven’t already done so, you can read the following post where you will we show you how to do it in a simple way → Unlock the Bootloader of your Xiaomi cell phone
4. Installing TWRP Recovery on your Xiaomi
The TWRP recovery will allow you to install a wide variety of ROMs on your mobile device very easily. Since it is quite simple to installand, moreover, it is very intuitiveas you can use the touch unlike other recoverys.
That’s why it’s just what we need in this tutorial, so if you haven’t installed it yet, check out our article → How to Install TWRP on a Xiaomi cell phone.
5. Learn how to install a Xiaomi ROM
Once you have the Bootloader unlocked, and TWRP installed, now it’s time to flash the Xiaomi EU ROM on your smartphone. relax! We’ll explain it to you below:
Download the correct Xiaomi EU ROM
To get started you will need to download the Xiaomi EU ROM corresponding to your model from its official website:
On their official website, look for your Xiaomi phone in the list, see what is your ROM nameand download this ROM from the direct links.
Steps to install the ROM
- At the end of the download you will have a ZIP file, it is not necessary to unzip itjust connect your phone to the computer, and move the ROM to its internal storage.
- Then access the TWRP Recoveryclick Install, choose the downloaded ROM .zip file, and then slide to start the process.
- When the installation process is finished, click on Reboot Systemwait for the phone to reboot and… you will have the Xiaomi EU ROM installed on your device!