The world of digital marketing is constantly evolving. The development of new technologies, the creation of new social platforms, the application and adaptation of regulations, the changing tastes and needs of consumers… explain that trends change and that professionals have to be always adapting to new developments in the sector.
Artificial Intelligence, metaverse, privacy protection and blockchain are revolutionizing digital marketing.
If you want to be completely up to date and adapt your business to the trends that will mark the future of the sector in the coming months, pay attention to this Decalogue in which we review everything you need to take into account: the revolution brought about by the emergence of the metaverse, blockchain, the influence of AI, etc.
It’s hard to keep up, that’s why we present you with a list of digital marketing trends that will be essential to your strategy this 2023 and in the months to come.
Top digital marketing trends
-Newsletters and email. Email marketing is consolidating as one of the fastest growing and potential tools in digital marketing.
Scheduling and developing email marketing campaigns with reliable tools such as Mailrelay will guarantee success in achieving the objectives set.
-Social Commerce: It should be noted that social platforms such as Facebook, TikTok or Instagram have incorporated native commerce functionalities.
This allows marketers to leverage these stores to sell directly through social networks, which can shorten the sales journey, as the customer would not have to leave the social network to make the purchase, so the process from discovery to purchase is shortened.
In addition, there are selling conversational tools that help market products and services through instant messaging platforms and self-service channels remains one of the dominant trends in 2023.
– The metaverse: will eventually become the point of convergence for the vast majority of Internet users. For this reason, many organizations are already adapting their campaigns to this ecosystem.
Although when we talk about metaverse Meta comes to mind, in reality there are many platforms that are developing their own metaverses.
Some of them, such as The Sandbox are decentralized and work with NFT, which has caught the attention of many brands that are already starting to create marketing actions on them.
– NFTs: Non-fungible tokens are experiencing an explosion in recent months. NFTs will be basic to the operation of metaverses.
Companies can use NFTs to create digital content in metaverses, as well as protect their intellectual properties.
– Cryptocurrency payments: despite the recent ups and downs of the cryptomarket, cryptocurrencies are becoming more and more common. Therefore, facilitating the payment of products and services with cryptoassets is one of the main challenges in any digital commerce strategy.
Cryptocurrencies will continue to grow in the coming months, so marketers will need to keep up with these trends. In this sense, starting to integrate cryptocurrency payment gateways could become a differentiating factor.
– The importance of video marketing: statistics indicate that audiovisual material is much more effective than the vast majority of SEO techniques, making video an indispensable element of any digital marketing campaign.
– Artificial Intelligence: advances in the field of Artificial Intelligence are significantly improving audience segmentation processes, cost reduction and productivity of companies investing in this type of technology.
Other relevant trends to take into account
– Programmatic advertising: companies will continue to focus on the use of data and algorithms that allow them to present automated ads based on the buying behavior and histories of their customers.
– TikTok to reach young audiences: audiovisual content is key, and taking advantage of this social network is crucial for two reasons: reaching a larger number of people and seducing younger audiences.
– 5G technology: the popularization of 5G technology is facilitating the standardization of video and images in larger formats across all types of platforms.
– Automated process scheduling: the use of tools for scheduling automated processes is a growing trend because it allows marketing experts to become independent of teams of programmers.
– No cookies: changes in user data protection are accelerating the disappearance of cookies. In this sense, companies are finding it necessary to invest in mechanisms to manage and unify information.
-Inclusivity: The new generations are very committed to the struggle for social rights. In this sense, we have to be aware of all the orientations and needs of our audience. Therefore, we have to create inclusive and gender-neutral content, without assuming the gender of the reader.