Currently, children start learning English from kindergarten. Many parents insist that their children have contact with the language as soon as possible. And it’s the best you can do. The sooner you start to break through the language barrier, get to know its structures and get used to the accent, the better you will use it in the future. A child who learns the basics at a young age will make progress more easily while they are in school. And you can find a better job in your professional life. English for children is very important.
Unfortunately, it is common to find methods that are very out of date. What adults remember (like vocabulary, grammar lessons, tests, etc.) they still use in schools. However, it is very important to raise the children properly. Why? First of all, to avoid the unpleasant consequences of neglect. Young students who only associate learning with stress, boredom and nervousness will not want to study. And forcing them to learn is useless, your case is lost. Fortunately, there are effective ways to teach your children English.
English For Kids – 5 Ways To Make English For Kids For Fun
If you want to learn 5 ways how to make English for kids successful, read on.
- Do not make the study full of stress and nerves. School is a place where children have to have good grades, yes or yes, that goes without saying. However, it must be remembered that this pressure is enormous for many children and is considered to be impossible for them to cope with. For this reason, it is very important that parents help their children find balance. Of course, it’s not about telling them not to go to college. But getting good results at the expense of your physical and mental health is never a good idea.
- Introduce fun elements and games. Children don’t like to learn, they prefer to play. And that’s no surprise. Because of this, you need to incorporate activities or elements that you enjoy into the study. This is exactly the strategy used by schools like Novakid, which offers English to children. Teachers use a variety of resources: gamification elements, virtual reality, music, coloring books, and even physical exercise. And so the little ones never get bored in class, they even take an active part.
- Customize the types of activities to suit your child’s personality. If he’s very shy, don’t force him into group activities. One-to-one tuition will be much better for you. Speaking a foreign language is very frustrating in itself, the little ones no longer need any additional challenges. There are other ways to work on your shyness, but enforcing them is certainly not the solution.
- Introduce little pills of knowledge into your daily life. There is no question that they are learning English all the time, but it is worth introducing some reminders, such as: B. to remember the days of the week or to exchange a few sentences in English. For example, when you are preparing dinner, ask him or her to help you and give you some names of fruits, vegetables, or elements of the kitchen in English. You can also sing songs in English or view pictures with subtitles (especially for older children).
- Make sure you stay persistent. Consistency is very important when learning a foreign language. It is impossible to learn to speak fluently if you only learn from time to time. Having 1 or 2 days of classes a week is enough, but you have to take them regularly.