When you download a Google application on your iPhone, it will automatically track your location and movements. However, there is a way to prevent this from happening by simply adjusting the settings on your mobile device.
When the location history is active, Google shares your location data with the rest of the applications
To do this, you have to deactivate the option “Location history” Your Google account will keep a record of the location of every place you go. When location history is active, Google shares your location data with all applications and services. Although the history is cleared after a few months, some users do not want to share their active location.
Google generally recommends leaving this function active. If you turn it off, most of the services where you know where you are will stop working like Google Maps does. For example, if you’re using Gmail, you don’t care if Google can’t find you. In fact, you may prefer.
Anyway, if you want Google not to be able to geolocate you, you can turn it off by following these simple steps:
– Start the Google application on your iPhone. If you haven’t installed the Google application, download it and use it to access your account.
– Go to the top right corner of the screen and click on your profile picture. A menu will open and you will need to click on the “Manage Google Account” option, then click on “Privacy and Personalization” or “Data and Personalization” at the top of the screen.
– Under this option, click on “Activity Control” and then click on “Location History”.
– Slide the “Location History” button to the left to turn it off.
– Later you will see a long explanation of the services and features that you will lose if you disable this option. If you want to continue, click Pause at the bottom of the page (which will not be available until you have scrolled the entire page), or click Cancel, or close the application.
As uncomfortable as it is for Google to track your location, it really is This has several advantagesFor example, every time you surf with your iPhone device, you will receive specific recommendations for some locations or you will receive real-time traffic information.