A smart ring It is a technological accessory whose operation and usefulness are very similar to those of connected devices such as smartwatches and smart bracelets. In this sense, these are devices that have multiple uses and that you can control from your smartphone or other compatible devices through a mobile application.
Some of the features that a smart ring comes equipped with allow you to track your physical health, set up verification protocols, and even make contactless payments. All this thanks to NFC technology, Bluetooth and dedicated sensors that integrate most gadgets of this type.
One of the most obvious advantages of a smart ring is its portability. In fact, they are extremely convenient to take advantage of practically all the functions that a smart watch or smartband can offer, but in a more discreet way. Therefore, below, you will learn what they can do and the advantages that their employment provides.
What functions do smart rings have?
These are some of the main functions of smart rings
– Identity verification: You can configure your smart ring as a two-factor authentication (2FA) method for your online accounts or as an access card to buildings or offices.
– Receive notifications: Set the device to receive call or message alerts.
– Control smart home devices: Using gestures with your ring you can turn on the TV, turn off lamps, manipulate the thermostat, open doors, control music, etc.
– Make contactless payments: Link your smart ring with bank accounts or digital wallets like Google Pay to pay at POS machines.
– Monitor your health and physical activity: The sensors that make up the smart rings collect data on heart rate, number of steps, sleep patterns, blood pressure, etc., which you can then verify on your phone through apps such as Google Fit or Apple Health.
Advantages of using smart rings
– As they are extremely compact devices, you can take advantage of all their functions discreetly, since you do not need to have your mobile phone nearby to use them, only when you have to see the data obtained by the device.
– Smart rings have the same physical health monitoring functions that smartwatches integrate, only they are more comfortable for your exercise routines and for sleeping with the ring on.
– The batteries of smart rings are much longer lasting than those of other similar devices.
– By not having screens, they help you not to be distracted during your work.
– Most of the materials used to manufacture these devices are hypoallergenic and non-corrosive.
– They have water resistance, in certain models, up to 100 meters deep.