GboardGoogle’s virtual keyboard, is a tool whose multiple customization and typing optimization options allow you to enrich your typing experience on smart devices.
Expanding the Gboard dictionary will help you avoid receiving corrections for words that are not included in the keyboard repertoire.
Among other functions, Gboard puts at your disposal a personal dictionary, with which you can automatically correct spelling mistakes you make when typing. However, this can sometimes be annoying, especially if you use colloquial expressions, technical terms, proper names, acronyms, etc.
If you want to add any term so that Gboard does not correct it again, here’s how to add those words.
Gboard: how to edit and add words to your personal dictionary.
First of all, it is important to clarify that you can add new words to your keyboard’s personal dictionary in two different ways. In addition, regardless of the method you use, you must have the spell check feature enabled, which you can manage from the keyboard settings. Logically, you must enable Gboard as your default keyboard.
Now, the basic way to add or modify words from the dictionary is to do it while typing. You may notice that when the keyboard detects a misspelled word, it immediately highlights it with a red or blue line. Just tap the suggestion and choose to add the word to the dictionary. The other thing you can do is the following:
– Run Gboard on your device. If you don’t have it installed, you can download it from either the Google Play Store or the Apple Store.
– Tap the gear icon in the upper left corner of the keyboard.
– From the drop-down menu, select the “Dictionary” option.
– If you have several languages configured, you will see a list with all of them. You must choose the one where you want to add the word.
– The next thing to do is to press the “Add to dictionary” button, which you will find at the bottom of the screen.
– Type the word you want to add and click the “Save” box.
– Now you can repeat the steps to keep adding as many words as you wish.
Following this step by step, the keyboard will not detect the words you have indicated as wrong. In addition, when you want to delete or edit items you have included, simply enter the dictionary section.
It is also worth noting that Gboard lets you synchronize your personal dictionary with your Google account. That way you’ll be able to save all the information in the cloud and have all your configurations on any device where you log in.