Having your Google Account backed up is a crucial part of keeping your account and data secure. Doing regular backups can be an easy and effective way to prevent data loss, and there are many different ways to do so. In this article, we’ll provide an overview of how to back up your Google Account and explain why it’s so important to do.
The Google account allows you to keep your data and files synchronized on the devices you have linked to that profile. Thus, it is very useful to learn how to make backups, which will help you to recover a lost Google account, for example. That way you will be able to recover everything in case of theft or loss.
It is important to back up your Google account in case you change or lose your devices.
In a Google account you can store all kinds of media files, photos, videos… Just make sure that the plan you use meets your storage needs. That said, here’s how you can back everything up so you don’t lose the information you have on your smartphone, tablet, Chromebook, etc.
How to backup Google from mobile.
– Access your smartphone settings and select “Google”. Then tap on “Backup”. You will see that synchronization is enabled by default.
– When you access the “Backup” section, you will be able to notice that the last copy that was uploaded to Google Drive is there.
– Backups are performed by your device in the background on a regular basis. However, if you use several devices or if you constantly change cell phones, it is recommended that you carry out this procedure from time to time.
– Regularly uploading your backup to Google Drive will allow you to change your devices without having to worry about losing the information or settings you have saved.
How to download your Google account data with Takeout.
To download data with Google Takeout you must do the following:
– Log in to your Google account from your computer.
– Once logged into the correct session where the data you want to download is located go to the Google Takeout section.
– You will notice a list with the data you have stored in your Google account. You can select everything or choose only what you need.
– Click “Next step”. Now you will be able to create the export details, add a destination or file type. You can also choose to auto-send yourself a download link by email.
– You must now choose between the options “Export once” or “Export every 2 months for 1 year”.
– Select the file type for downloading. It is recommended to choose the universal ZIP format.
– Once you have made all the file settings, the message “Google data file requested” should appear on your mobile.
– If you chose the option to send a download link via email, then wait for the message and then proceed to start the download.
As you can see, downloading your files using Google Takeout can be a somewhat lengthy process. However, it is worth it, as you will still have your files backed up even if you completely lose access to your Google account.