The home page is often the first page you see when you open a web browser, so it’s important to be able to customize it to your needs. Good news! Google Chrome makes it easy to change your home page settings. This tutorial will walk you through how to quickly and easily make the adjustments needed to ensure the Chrome homepage reflects your personal preferences.
One of the big reasons for the popularity of Google Chrome has to do with its wide variety of options for modifying the Internet browser.
Configuring the home page in Chrome is not the same as customizing the desktop of the famous browser.
Choosing the web page you want to display when accessing the browser or pressing the home button is one of the many ways to customize Chrome. To do so, you just have to follow a procedure as simple as customizing Chrome’s background.
Setting your home page in Google Chrome will require just a few minutes of your time. So, by applying what you have learned in the following guide you will be able to do it on both desktop and mobile, regardless of whether you use Android or iOS.
Configure the Chrome home page from the computer.
– Launch Google Chrome on your PC.
– Click on the three-dot menu in the upper right corner.
– In the drop-down menu click the “Settings” option. A new window will open with the main Chrome settings.
– Press the “On startup” button, which is located in the sidebar on the left side of the screen.
– Check the “Open a specific page or set of pages” option.
– Now type the URL of the page you want to display when opening Chrome and click the blue “Add” button.
Enable Chrome’s home button to open a specific website.
– Opens the Chrome settings menu.
– Look for the “Appearance” option, which is located in the sidebar on the left hand side.
– Turn on the “Show home page button” switch.
– You will be able to choose between two options: “New Tab Page” or enter a custom web address. You must choose to enter a custom URL.
– Type or paste the address. You will notice that the house icon will appear on the side of the address bar.
Activate Chrome’s home page on your cell phone
– Log in to Google Chrome and tap on the three dots symbol in the upper right corner of your screen.
– Select “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
– Scroll until you reach the “Advanced Settings” section and click on “Home Page”.
– Activate the option that allows you to display a home page.
– Now choose “Enter custom web address”.
– Enter the web address you want as your home page.
It is important to mention that on iOS you cannot set a Google Chrome homepage. Instead, you can only disable Discover. You simply need to tap on the gear icon and check the “Disable” option.