Clear browsing history of Mozilla Firefox is an excellent method to protect your privacy on the Internet. Mozilla Firefox is not only one of the best private browsers, but also one of the most complete alternatives to Google Chrome. As such, Firefox also has options to clear your browsing data, such as cached images, cookies, passwords, etc.
Firefox is the only browser that allows you to enable a feature that clears your browsing history automatically when you close the browser.
Regardless of the type of web pages you visit, clearing your browsing history is a good recommendation. Especially if you usually share your devices or connect to open networks. You will see that with the following tutorial it will only take you a few seconds to clear all traces of your web activity after using Firefox.
How to clear your browsing history in Mozilla Firefox
– Open the Mozilla Firefox browser on your device.
– Click on the three-dot menu in the upper right corner of your screen. If you prefer, you can use the shortcut “Ctrl+H”.
– You will now be able to view not only the history, but also recently closed tabs and an option to restore previous sessions.
– Choose the “Show all history” option to display the list of recently visited web pages.
– Before deleting the entire history, you can also try to individually delete only the web pages you consider. To do so, simply check the box of the website you need to delete and then click the “Delete” button.
– Now, to delete all history, click on “Recent History”, which appears in a dialog box in the “History” section menu.
– After opening the aforementioned pop-up box select one of the time intervals, which are: last hour, two hours, four hours, today and all.
– Before pressing the “Delete” button you can also click on “Details” and choose data such as cookies, cache, download history, etc.
– Press the “Delete” button.
How to enable automatic history deletion
A particularity of Mozilla Firefox is that it allows you to configure an automatic deletion option that is activated every time you close the browser.
To enable it, you simply need to go to the “Privacy” tab and enter the custom history settings section.
There you can check the boxes for each special setting, such as automatically deleting browsing data or always using private browsing mode.