Playing with mouse and keyboard can be a great advantage in many video games, but the truth is that the experience provided by a controller is difficult to replace. For this reason, having one of the best controllers on the market is always a good idea, as is knowing how to connect a xbox controller to the computer. Previously, we exposed how to pair a Dualshock 4 on an Android phone, but this time we will focus on the PC.
Depending on the version of the Xbox controller, the method for connecting it to the computer will vary.
The newer Xbox controller (the X and S Series) can be paired to the computer via Bluetooth or USB-C cable. The Xbox One controller, on the other hand, requires a wireless adapter or a micro-USB cable. Here we’ll tell you what you need to do so you can connect your controller properly.
Connect an Xbox X Series X|S controller
You have two procedures available, use Bluetooth or the USB-C cable.
– The first thing you should know is that the simplest procedure is to connect the controller to your PC with a USB-C cable. You won’t have to do anything else, as the controller will automatically configure itself with Windows 10 or 11. It will work with any video game you have on the PC.
– In case you don’t want to employ a cable (we know it can be a hassle), you have the very reliable option of Bluetooth. In the system settings, go into the “Bluetooth and devices” option and click “Add device”.
– Then, press and hold the Xbox button on the controller and the pairing switch next to the USB port until the button starts flashing. This indicates that it is in pairing mode. When the computer detects the controller, select the Xbox controller to complete the process.
Using an Xbox One controller
– Here you have the option to use the micro-USB cable and the procedure is the same as the X|S Series controller.
– If you want to forget about cables, you will need an Xbox wireless adapter. This is a USB dongle that connects directly to the Xbox One controller and the computer. Then, just press the pairing button to start playing.