Requesting a refund from Google Play Store is now easier than ever. Whether you’ve accidentally made a purchase or an app isn’t working correctly, Google allows users to request a refund within the allocated timeframe. Before you request the refund, make sure to read the Google Play Store refund policies to increase the likelihood of a successful request.
If you’ve regretted making an in-app purchase at. Google Play Store or you are not satisfied with the purchased app, you will have to request a refund. Sometimes it can happen that the app you purchased does not work properly or that you simply made a wrong purchase within the app.
Refunds on Google Play Store are allowed up to a maximum of 48 hours after the purchase of the app.
Before requesting a refund on the Google Play Store you should know that you can only do so within 48 hours if it is an app. In case you have purchased books, audiobooks, movies and TV shows, the limit is 7 days. Here you will find the procedure to follow, depending on whether you are using your mobile or computer.
How to request a refund from Google Play Store from your mobile.
– Log in to the Google Play Store and search for the app you purchased.
– Select the “Refund” option.
– Now tap on “Request Refund” in the pop-up window.
– Make sure you receive an email indicating that the request has been effective.
Request a refund for an in-app purchase.
– Open the Google Play Store and tap on your profile picture at the top of the screen.
– In the pop-up window choose “Payments and subscriptions”.
– Now tap the “Budget and history” option.
– Find the purchase you wish to be reimbursed for and tap on “Refund”.
– Confirm the request by clicking on the “Yes” option.
Request reimbursement from the web using the computer
– Log in to the Google support page and go to the help section on how to request a refund.
– Click on the “Request Refund” button.
– Now click “Continue” in the lower right corner of the page.
– Check the “Yes” option and click “Continue” to access your recent purchase history.
– Choose the purchase you wish to be reimbursed for and click “Continue”.
– Select the reason for the refund request and click “Continue” again.
– The system will prompt you to enter the reason for the refund request. Be sure to fill in the field before the “Continue” button changes to blue.
– Once you have typed in the text, click on the “Request Refund” button and make sure you receive an email indicating that the request has been processed.
If you need to request a refund outside of the 48-hour period you will need to contact Google support or the app developer directly. The developer’s contact details are listed on the app’s page within the Google Play Store.