When it comes to buying a laptop computer, the choices out there can be overwhelmingly varied.
It will all depend on the budget you have and the type of use you will give to your new computer.
From cheap Chromebooks to gaming laptops with Windows operating system, MacBooks, etc. you will have thousands of options on the market and you will have to decide which one is the best for you.
Fortunately, with this guide you will be well aware of the factors you need to consider when buying a laptop we will help you make the right choice.
What to consider when buying a laptop
Look at these things when deciding which laptop to buy:
– CPU: if you are interested in buying a laptop with an operating system other than Apple’s, the CPU options are Intel and AMD. You can choose Core i5 or Ryzen 5 if you are a basic user, Core i7 or Ryzen 7 if you are interested in gaming or Core i9/Ryzen 9 if you will use your laptop for very demanding tasks. As for MacBooks, the choice is simpler, as you have the M1 and M2 CPUs.
– RAM memory: is an aspect as elementary as choosing a good CPU. In this case, we recommend choosing laptops with 8 GB of RAM or more. Again, everything will depend on the type of use you will give to your new computer, because if you will use it for demanding professional tasks, a RAM memory of 16 GB could be what you need.
– Are gaming your priority? if so, in addition to the factors mentioned above, you will also need to focus on the graphics card, which should be mid-range or higher. Also, you will need to choose a laptop with a large screen size and a high resolution rate (no less than 120 Hz).
– Do you prefer MacBook or Windows laptop: on the one hand, MacBooks offer you excellent performance and stability thanks to their silicon chips, sleek designs and the good quality that Apple is known for. Some of the advantages of Windows laptops are a wider variety of models and brands, more affordable prices and more customization options.
– Budget: you should note that although the options are multiple, laptops can be divided into three main segments. First, the most economical ones, which generally cost less than 500 euros. Then there is the more balanced range, whose prices range between 500 and 1000 euros. Finally, the most powerful computers, from 1000 euros upwards.
– Flexibility and convenience: the distinguishing feature of laptop computers is precisely comfort. However, today there are devices that are even more comfortable and flexible than a conventional laptop. By this we mean that, if you require it and money is not a problem, you can also choose a laptop with a touch screen to use in tablet mode.