Christmas is just around the corner, the cold has arrived and every evening it feels more and more like coming home, getting on the couch with a blanket and enjoying a good Christmas movie. Luckily, the catalog of the different streaming platforms has a good dose of Christmas movies that we can enjoy and that are ideal to soak up the Christmas spirit, similar to the best Christmas movies on Disney+.
Christmas movies to enjoy an afternoon on the couch and blanket, soaking in the Christmas spirit.
– Nightmare Before Christmas (Disney+): an animated film that belongs to the world of classics and was released in the nineties. Despite the appearance of the characters, it is a film that will keep the whole family glued to the couch. The story is interesting, deep and full of messages that will be interesting to anyone.
– A Christmas Carol (Disney+): this Robert Zemeckis-directed film recreates the classic novel written by Charles Dickens. It tells the story of Ebenezer Scrooge, a grumpy, mean and extremely selfish old man who hates Christmas. But everything changes at a certain moment with the appearance of several ghosts…
– Home Alone (Disney+): A classic of every Christmas, which reviews the adventures of Kevin McAllister when he is left alone at home because his family has forgotten him. He will have to fend for himself and even face two burglars who want to enter the house.
– “How tough is love!” (Netflix): A romantic comedy in which a young journalist decides to cross the entire USA to give a surprise for Christmas to a guy she has met through a dating app. Upon arriving in California, she discovers that it’s all been an elaborate hoax and that the guy is actually an old acquaintance.
– “A Christmas Carol” (Amazon Prime Video): What would Christmas be without Mr. Scrooge? On Amazon’s platform we have one of the classic 1951 versions of Charles Dickens’ Christmas story, in which a miserly Scrooge will have to learn (the hard way) what Christmas is all about.
– “The Boy Who Saved Christmas” (Netflix): Nikolas is an ordinary boy who sets out on an extraordinary adventure to find his father, who is lost searching for “Elfhelm,” the legendary city of the elves. Nikolas, accompanied by his mouse and Blitzen the reindeer, will soon discover that his destiny goes beyond finding his father.
– “The Grinch” (Amazon Prime Video): There is no Christmas without the Grinch, much to his chagrin, of course. On Amazon Prime Video you can enjoy several versions of this classic tale by Dr. Zeuss, as you have the Jim Carrey version and the new animated version. Be that as it may, the story of this green-colored grump who hates Christmas is like nougat, typical Christmas.
– “Christmas Chronicles” (Netflix): A very different Santa Claus than we’re used to stars his sleigh and two brothers will have to help this cantankerous old man save Christmas. Kurt Russell is a pretty funny and witty Santa Claus. In addition, for those who want more, there is a sequel, in which we will also see Mrs. Claus.
– “Bloody Christmas” (Amazon Prime Video): And now, a slightly different Christmas movie, for those who don’t want to overindulge in the sweet stuff. This is a remake of the 1974 horror film “Black Christmas” and is a fun “slasher” in which a group of young students are chased by a psychopath during their Christmas vacation.
– “A Castle for Christmas” (Netflix): A famous American writer travels to Scotland and wants to buy a castle. However, its owner, a fussy Scottish duke, does not want to sell his family inheritance to a foreigner. The two constantly clash, although they will eventually meet.
– “Ghosts Attack the Boss” (Amazon Prime Video): Another version of Dickens’ “A Christmas Carol” turned 80’s classic starring Bill Murray. Murray, in the role of a “yuppie” Scrooge, will have to deal with ghostly apparitions trying to show him the true meaning of Christmas.