2020 has been a difficult year for directors and producers as COVID-19 affected the production of many films and series that were forced to paralyze their recording. Even so, the major streaming platforms will offer many new releases throughout the year. We already know the best movies from the best Netflix movies, HBOs, Amazon Prime Videos and Filmins. Now we’re going to see those from Disney, which will also feature many premieres throughout the year, like the ones shown below.
Disney + will premiere several films and series based on the Marvel Universe, as well as several animated films.
Series comes to Disney + in 2021
– “Scarlet Witch and Vision” (Season 1): One of the series that premiered on Disney + was Scarlet Witch and Vision. Framed by the Marvel Universe, it has a sitcom format and in it we can see the superhero couple in an unusual setting.
– «Pixar Popcorn»: A collection of shorts featuring some of Pixar’s key characters. In them we can see characters from “Toy Story”, “Cars”, “Soul”, “The Incredibles” or “Coco” in new and fun adventures.
– “Falcon and the Winter Soldier” (T1): Miniseries set right after the events of “Endgame” where we see Sam Wilson as the new Captain America who teams up with Bucky Barnes in an adventure that will test his skills.
– «Loki» (T1): Series starring one of Marvel’s most charismatic villains. Tom Hiddelstone repeats his role as Loki in a series that marks a fresh start for the character. In it it will be possible to discover what happened to the evil Loki after the events of “Endgame”. Though Loki was dead by Thanos, he was the owner of one of the Infinity Stones, so he switched between multiverses, which is expected to be linked to “Doctor Strange in the Multiverse Madness,” which is slated to premiere in 2022.
-“What happened if…?” (T1): Animated series based on the ’80s Marvel comic book series in which they asked what would happen if … Showcasing different universes, such as one in which the original X-Men had died fighting. Just like in the comics, each chapter of Uatu the Watcher is introduced and depicts a possible scenario like the one in which Peggy Carter becomes Captain America.
– «The Book of Bobba Fett» (T1): New Star Wars spinoff that tells the story of Boba Fett, the legendary Mandalorian bounty hunter who tracked Han Solo in the original trilogy.
– “Star Wars: The Bad Batch” (T1): Another iteration of the Star Wars brand that tells the story of the elite clones of the so-called “Bad Remittance”, enormously effective and unbeatable soldiers who must enter a galaxy that has completely changed after the end of the Clone Wars.
Films to premiere on Disney + in 2021
– «Nomadland»: Drama based on the book of the same name by Jessica Bruder, in which a woman runs away in her van after the economic collapse of a rural business in Nevada to lead a nomadic life.
– “Raya and the last dragon”: Inspired by the cultures of Southeast Asia. In Kumanda, a distant and fantastic kingdom, humans and dragons live together in harmony. However, when the sinister Druun invade the kingdom, the dragons sacrifice themselves to save the people. 500 years later, the Druuns have returned and Raya, a lonely warrior, goes in search of the last dragon.
– “The King’s Man: The First Mission”: Prequel that recounts the origins of the surprising British secret service that has to face some of the most twisted and powerful criminal minds in the world who want to organize a war aimed at exterminating the majority of the world’s population.
– “Black Widow”: One of the films that has suffered the most delays due to COVID-19, the events of the film are shot after what was seen in “Captain America: Civil War” and still follows Natasha, the black widow on the run the Sokovia Accords are in effect while facing a conspiracy that is the fearsome Taskmaster.
– «Free Guy»: Starring Ryan Reynolds, who plays a very realistic video game character who realizes he’s living in a simulation. After discovering the truth about his life, he decides to become a superhero in order to save the game before the developers destroy it.
– «Cruella»: Emma Stone will follow in the footsteps of one of Disney’s most memorable villains. It’s a live-action spin-off based on the antagonist “101 Dalmatians” who is obsessed with Dalmatians.