During the Easter break, you have a few days off to watch the best Netflix movies or the best Amazon Prime videos for these holidays. Along with them there are other platforms with highly recommended content such as B. Disney +.
Disney + launched a new channel called Star a few weeks ago
In addition, this platform has added a wider offering in the past few weeks thanks to the inclusion of a new channel called Star, where you can find titles that don’t fit into the most thematic of Pixar, Marvel or Lucasfilm, not to mention Disney’s catalog -Classic.
Among the titles that will be released these days and that have recently reached the entire Disney + platform, we propose the following selection for these Easter days:
– “Alita: Battle Angel” (Robert Rodríguez, 2019): Based on the manga and anime of the same name, and with spectacular digital effects, we discover a cyborg with the appearance of a cute young girl, who is taken from a landfill by a doctor who is ready to give her a second chance was recovered. Discover your skills as a fighter in a dystopian futuristic world
– “Gnomeo and Juliet” (Kelly Asbury, 2011): Family comedy in CGI animation that transports the classic Shakespeare play into the world of garden gnomes amid lawn mowers and flower beds telling a love story between two young people from two opposite families
– “Red Sparrow” (Francis Lawrence, 2018): Psychological thriller set in the middle of the Cold War when Soviet intelligence services train a young woman (Jennifer Lawrence) to turn her into a seductive spy who will attack a CIA agent (Joel Edgerton).
– “Island of the Dogs” (Wes Anderson, 2018): Affectionate and funny film made with the stop-motion animation technique. We accompany a 12-year-old boy who is trying to save his exiled dog (like all pets in the futuristic city of Megasaki) to a landfill for which he must have fantastic adventures.
– “Bad times at El Royale” (Drew Goddard, 2018): An intricate thriller with an almost Tarantine plot, appearance, characters and “philosophy” about a strange hotel that is internally separated by the border between the states of Nevada and California, with which a strange gallery of people is located gathers conflicts of interest that have one night to settle with each other and with their respective pasts. Notable Cast: Jeff Bridges, Dakota Johnson, Chris Hemsworth, Jon Hamm …
– “Raya and the last dragon” (various directors, 2021): Last animated film from Disney studios that was just released in theaters. It tells of a lonely warrior’s search for the last dragon with which she can save her world from evil forces. To see this, subscribers have to make an additional payment, as was the case with the premiere of “Mulán”.
– “Three ads on the outskirts” (Martin McDonagh, 2017): Halfway between drama and thriller, with a little humor. A woman (Frances McDormand) posts billboards, referenced in the film’s title, to signal the inaction of the local sheriff (Woody Harrelson) in the investigation into the rape and murder of her daughter. It opens on April 2nd.
– “The shape of the water” (Guillermo del Toro, 2017): Fantastic thriller that contains the improbable but delicate love story between a lonely laboratory cleaner and a secret experiment: an amphibian creature. It won Oscars for best film, director, music, and production design. It opens on April 9th.