There are many experts out there who insure that email marketing continues to be one of the great options for keeping direct contact with ecommerce customers, such as Pedro Abad, CEO in Mexico of digital trade marketing agency Elogia, who does of Strategy is still one of the most effective, as it enables various goals to be achieved, such as direct contact with the target group and working on the concept of automation and CRM.
Specialized agencies can be hired to carry out this type of campaign. However, in these cases, it is best to seek out freelance experts in the field who will manage and implement the entire process of developing email marketing strategies.
Tricks for Getting the Best Email Marketing Strategies
Email marketing, as the name suggests, is about taking certain actions through email messages to the target audience in order to achieve a number of goals, such as: B. the number of visits to web e-commerce, increasing the number of sales or receiving customer reviews and opinions to show this assessment to other potential consumers and to know the existing shortcomings and be able to correct them.
The first step in starting this type of campaign, like any other marketing strategy, is to define goals. It is a very direct contact with the target audience, so this cannot be done inaccurately as it can reduce subscriber and click rates. In order to achieve an attractive strategy for a complete goal, it is important to follow the tips below:
– Pay attention to the content and design of the email to be sent, paying particular attention to the subject line, that it is quality information and that the email is a kind of call-to-action and a direct link to the email Commerce includes email to finish buying if interested.
– Depending on the intended use, there are three different types of emails:
-Automated emails: these are the emails sent to users to welcome them to the list of subscribers, to know their review after purchase or to offer a discount on their birthday. More personalized messages at specific times.
-Marketing Emails: These are emails that are sent in large quantities and contain, among other things, promotions, launches, and coupons.
– Transactional emails: These are sent after a certain action, e.g. B. after a purchase confirmation or a password change
You need to choose the right format at all times.
– Before sending any of these emails, you need to make sure that there is no kind of error. To avoid this, sending a sample to someone you trust or to your own email address is usually a good option to analyze whether both the structure and the content are appropriate.
– The best way to optimize an email marketing strategy is to ask these three questions before you start designing:
-What were the topics that had the highest open rate in previous campaigns?
-What types of calls to action or links generated the highest CTR?
-What content was not attractive to users?
– –Once the campaign has started, as with any other, it is important to follow up, see what is working and what can be improved in order to develop optimal strategies.
Why choose this type of campaign?
As mentioned at the beginning, email marketing strategies are usually one of the most useful tools to reach the target audience for a number of reasons that make this technique extremely beneficial for any ecommerce.
On the one hand, it’s a kind of customizable campaign that makes the target feel valued and wants to make a specific purchase in that store. This technique makes it possible to know the products or services that a particular customer has seen or bought, to choose the ideal time to send the email or specific promotions to users who have become regular customers.
One of the main reasons these types of promotions are used so widely is because of the small investment you need and the ability to get more conversions in less time.
It provides measuring instruments that e-commerce can use to assess whether the chosen strategy is appropriate.
Finally, it’s a technique that helps keep customers. Can you ask a little more from a digital marketing campaign?
Examples of email marketing strategies for e-commerce
The email marketing strategies most used by e-commerce are usually those that provide valuable content to their subscribers, not only offers and discounts, but also certain materials that can be useful to them, such as user guides, recipes, e-books etc.
Strategies that involve direct user involvement are also often used, such as: B. Contests, sweepstakes or free samples when subscribing, whereby the target group is reached.
In combination with social media strategies, these campaigns usually achieve very good results due to their attractiveness for the target group.
These are promotions that offer a wide range of opportunities for e-commerce. You can reach out to a freelance professional who specializes in this type of marketing to advise you on the right option for your business.