Love is one of the strongest emotions there is, perhaps the strongest after fear. This is why romance is a recurring theme in the arts, especially in literature and cinema. With that in mind, the major entertainment platforms have some great titles in their catalog that will delight lovers of romance.
The main entertainment platforms have some great romantic titles in their catalog that lovers will love.
Amazon Prime Video, Netflix or HBO are characterized by extensive and varied catalogs with great titles that cover all genres from horror to science fiction, comedy or action. Next, we’ll focus on some of the great romantic titles that can be found on these platforms. Be careful, there are large amounts of sugar!
– “Forget me” (Amazon Prime Video): With Charlie Kaufman’s signature on the script, it’s one of those films that leaves no one indifferent. Clementine (Kate Winslet) has her boyfriend Joel (Jim Carrey) (literally) erased from her mind. This is a severe blow to anyone desperate to repeat the same process to erase Clementine from their memories.
– “Moulin Rouge” (HBO): In early 20th century Paris, Satine (Nichole Kidman), the star of the Moulin Rouge, wows the whole city thanks to her beauty and talent. Christian (Ewan McGregor), a young writer, falls in love with the showgirl. However, the struggle for their love is made more difficult by the appearance of another friend.
– «Actually love» (Amazon Prime Video): “Love Actually” is one of the most famous romantic comedies in recent years. A series of stories intertwine in the middle of a Christmas London showing that love is everywhere.
– “Call me by your name” (Amazon Prime Video): It is the summer of 1983 and Elio Perlman (Timotheé Chalamet), a young man of 17, spends his time lounging and swimming in northern Italy. Everything will change when Oliver (Armie Hammer), his father’s assistant, shows up. Although both are distant and cold at first, as the days go on, both become attracted.
– “The Princess Bride” (HBO): The love story between Westley (Cary Elwes) and Princess Buttercup (Robin Wright). A classic that combines fantasy, adventure and love. With the famous introductory phrase by Íñigo Montoya.
– “A Star Is Born” (Netflix, Amazon and HBO): One of the best romantic films of recent times with Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga as protagonists. It is the remake of the original Barbara Streisand film and tells the story of Jackson Maine (Cooper), a dedicated music star, who falls in love with Ally (Gaga), a young woman fighting for a position in the music industry.
– “Story of a Marriage” (Netflix): A very deep story with Adam Driver and Scarlett Johanson. He’s a theater director, and she’s an actress trying to get past her divorce, which takes her to the extreme, personally and creatively.
– «Her» (Amazon Prime Video): Joaquin Phoenix is Theodore, a lonely writer on the verge of divorce who buys a new artificial intelligence-based operating system that meets all user needs. Over time, Samantha, the Voice of the Operating System, and Theodore will have a romantic relationship that sometimes surpasses those who could live with another human.
– “Sense and Sensitivity” (Netflix): Based on the novel by Jane Austen, the story revolves around two sisters in Victorian England. One is pure reason and the other sensitivity, both face love and the vicissitudes of life at the moment when both are forced to move after the death of their father.
– «On the tight rope (Walk the line)» (Amazon Prime Video): Biography in which Joaquin Phoenix plays the famous country singer Johnny Cash. The story begins at the time of the Great Depression in Arkansas, where Cash, the son of a stock trader, dreams of devoting himself to music. The story follows Cash’s life during his tours with Elvis Presley, Roy Orbison or Jerry Lee Lewis and ends with the legendary Folsom Prison concert from 1968, which definitely catapulted him to fame, always with the love story between Cash and June Carter, his wife, as a backdrop.