Starting to write an e-book is not as simple as it seems. Perhaps all it takes is a simple push, so keep in mind. these tips for writing your first e-book can be a good way to kick-start your project and launch you into writing.
Writing your first e-book is much easier if you use the right technological tools.
Whether you want to earn money by publishing through the best e-book services or simply share your knowledge with others, these tips for writing your first e-book can help you develop your style, optimize your writing methods and even reach more readers.
How to write your first eBook
– Read more before you start: you may consider that you already have enough experience and knowledge in a specific topic to start writing. However, there is always room for improvement and you need to be fully updated to the latest. So, the only way to achieve this is to keep reading, the more the better.
– Do your research and take notes: is good advice, even if you already have an idea of the topic you want to write about, even if you are an expert in the area. Also, it doesn’t matter if your e-book will be fiction, you will still need to gather as much information as possible to come up with characters, places, times, etc.
– Start with a rough draft: this will depend on the method you are most comfortable with. Some authors prefer to start writing and work out a structure as they go along. However, if planning before you start is your thing, you can use tools like OmniOutliner or similar outlining tools. From there, you can start with a rough draft and outline your entire writing plan. These apps help every writer in his or her task.
– Revision Editing: as you know, a draft is not a final version. Therefore, when you consider that the e-book is finished, the next thing to do is to go through a process that may require several corrections. Ask other writers to read your work, use proofreaders to polish grammatical and spelling details, and hire a style editor.
– Design an attractive cover: as much as there is a saying “don’t judge a book by its cover”, people always do. For that reason, the best thing you can do is to choose an eye-catching design for your e-book cover. A good recommendation is to resort to the best design websites such as 99designs or, better yet, request the services of a design professional.
– Decide where to publish: When you’ve finished editing and have a cover that’s hard to ignore, it’s time to decide which platform to publish your e-book on. While you choose where you will distribute your book, you will also have to choose one or several formats to market it. For example, if you publish on Amazon, the e-book format will have to be AZW, EPUB or MOBI. You can also optimize it for Kindle.