Dropbox is one of the best cloud storage services. The platform is available to download and install on Android, iOS mobiles and devices and can also be used on computers.
Store and manage all your files efficiently and securely with Dropbox.
Learn more what is Dropbox can be very useful for your daily tasks, both for studying and working. Among other reasons, because this software offers very similar functions to those you can find in Google Drive.
Dropbox was launched in 2008 and since then it has positioned itself as one of the safest alternatives to Google Drive to store all kinds of files (photos, videos, documents, etc.).
Dropbox uses 256-bit AES encryption. One of its advantages is that you can access all your files from any device with an Internet connection.
In addition, you will always find an updated version of each document, as Dropbox includes an automatic saving and synchronization feature. Below, you will find a little more about what you can do with this app.
How Dropbox works
To start using Dropbox you will need to download the app, which has a mobile version and another for PC and Mac. It is recommended that you install the application on all the devices you use on a daily basis, that way it is easier to get the most out of this tool.
When you create your Dropbox account you will get access to the free level. In this version you will have 2 GB of hosting on the server, file recovery for up to 30 days, among other advantages.
To start using the system you only need to have files in your local storage and activate synchronization with the platform. That way you will be able to access the content from any device where you are logged in.
Dropbox main features
These are some of the main advantages of using Dropbox:
– Share your files with other users via a link or by sending them an invitation to a shared folder.
– Dropbox allows you to generate backup copies of your files, so you can recover them in case of loss or accidental deletion.
– Edit documents simultaneously with other users remotely with Dropbox’s collaborative features.
– Open files you have available in other services such as Gmail or Microsoft Office from Dropbox.
– In the first paid tier you can enjoy 2 TB of storage, file retrieval up to 120 days, fast full-text search, etc.