Google Forms or Google Forms, as it is known in English, is another Google program that is integrated into the Google Workspace productivity suite. As its name indicates, Forms is the app that allows you to create forms for surveys, exams, attendance records, voting, among others.
Google Forms is a simple yet powerful tool that can help you automate different processes.
At first glance, Google Forms may seem like a simple survey tool. However, this software is much more powerful than many apps of its kind. Mainly because it has collaborative editing features present in other Workspace applications, such as Google Slides or Google Sheets. Precisely, one of the most valued features of Google Forms is that it offers the possibility of complementing your forms with the Spreadsheets application.
How to access Google Forms
To access this tool you need to have a Google account. Then, when you log in from the Google Chrome browser, you can access Google Forms by clicking on the grid icon at the top right of the screen.
If you need to log in from mobile, you will need to download the app from the Google Play Store. When you have it installed, you only need to choose the Google profile with which you will use the tool.
What can Google Forms be used for?
As we told you at the beginning, Google Forms can be used for much more than just publishing surveys:
– Create records to make reservations.
– Quizzes and exams with multiple choice questions and answers, fill-in-the-blank, drop-down, adding files, etc.
– Assemble forms for revenue, sales, costs, among others.
– Share exams with automatic grading.
– Upload information to a Google Sheets database from a form.
Advantages of using Google Forms
These are some of the main benefits you will get from using Google Forms:
– You don’t need to download extra applications to be able to work in Google Forms.
– It gives you the option to access any form through a link.
– It has collaborative editing features in the Spreadsheets and Presentations apps.
– Easy access to collected data and survey results.
– Highly intuitive interface.
– It has a very well designed mobile application.
– It allows you to extend its functions through Apps Scripts and other add-ons.
– Offers the ability to link with Google Sheets to make more advanced calculations based on the information collected.
Disadvantages of Google Forms.
However, it also has some points to improve:
– Despite being customizable through codes, not many modifications are allowed.
– You must have a mandatory Gmail account to take advantage of certain advanced features.
– While it supports extending its functionality from add-ons and codes, many of these are not free.