Siri is Apple’s virtual assistant. Basically, this tool works similarly to other assistants such as Amazon’s Alexa or Google Assistant. However, unlike the previous ones, it is only compatible with smart devices marketed by Apple.
Control all your Apple devices using your voice without pressing a single button.
The first device to incorporate Siri was the iPhone 4S. Today, this powerful assistant helps you interact seamlessly using your voice with devices such as Apple Watch, Home Pod, iPad, iPod Touch, Mac, Apple TV and, in compatible cars, through Apple CarPlay. Plus, of course, all iPhones.
It should be noted that Siri is a tool that has been designed to perform an extensive list of tasks, which it executes by adapting to the context, the way you speak and your individual preferences. To do this, the system uses Artificial Intelligence and natural language processing. Here’s how to get started and some of the things it can do.
How to start using Siri
You need to have one of the Apple devices mentioned above or other Apple products that are compatible. Also, you must have an Internet connection, as the vast majority of tasks Siri can perform depend on it.
Now, to access the assistant you can do so by uttering the words “Hey, Siri”, followed by the command you want the tool to accomplish. On your iPhone or iPad you can access the assistant by holding down the home button. Meanwhile, on Mac you can click on the Siri icon or enter a keyboard shortcut. Likewise, on the Apple Watch you can raise your wrist and speak the activation words.
Finally, it is worth underlining that when configuring Siri it is possible to choose a female or male voice, as well as change the activation phrase. In addition, Siri can interact in the following languages: English, Spanish, Italian, German, French, Dutch, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Swedish, Russian, Portuguese, Thai, Turkish, Danish, Cantonese and Mandarin.
Main uses of Siri
To use Siri you don’t need to configure commands, just pronounce its name and ask it to execute tasks such as the following:
– Send written or voice messages, either instantly or schedule them for later.
– Indicate what movies are playing, the nearest restaurant, directions, the most important news of the day, the weather forecast.
– You can also ask Siri to make calls for you, create reminders, set alarms, book hotels, flights, restaurants etc.
– Through Siri you can control the music you listen to from any device.
– Ask Siri to schedule your work meetings, tell you the scores of your favorite team, or tell you when the next game is.
– You can ask Siri to explain everything it is capable of doing.