A Fire Stick from Amazon is a gadget that serves to transform any TV with HDMI ports into a smart TV. This dongle, whose first generation was distributed in the United States in 2014, is a relatively affordable option that allows you to enjoy your favorite streaming platforms without the need to purchase a smart TV.
Watch your series, movies and TV shows on Netflix, Disney Plus, YouTube, etc., on your old TV.
Among the main differences that can be found between a Fire Stick and other devices of its style, it stands out the fact that it is much more compact than, for example, a TV Box. Also, unlike Chromecasts marketed before 2023, this product of the retail giant integrates its own operating system.
Fire Sticks stand out for their simple operation, connectivity and easy-to-learn-to-use interface. In addition, these gadgets can be found at a good price and have different models that differ in the image quality and fluidity at which they are able to reproduce. In this article you will find all the necessary information about this alternative courtesy of Amazon.
How Amazon’s Fire Stick works
As you may have noticed, the Fire TV Stick has its own system. This means that this gadget does not work, for example, like most Google Chromecasts, which serve to mirror media content from your portable devices to a TV or screen.
The Fire Sticks live up to their name and are a sort of compact stick that looks very similar to a USB stick and have one end to attach to an HDMI port.
Finally, once you have connected your Fire Stick to the TV, the only thing left to do is to configure the device with your Wi-Fi network data. In addition, it is worth noting that the device can be controlled with a remote control that is included in the box and has different functions and buttons depending on its price.
What you can do with a Fire Stick
– You can download apps just like you would on any smart TV.
– Thanks to the above, you can access all the streaming content you want, not just Amazon Prime Video.
– Most modern editions of this device include a remote control with the Alexa Voice feature built in. Thanks to this feature, you can control the device using voice commands.
– By having Alexa, through a Fire Stick you will also manage all your compatible smart home devices.
– This Stick also allows you to install video games.